Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sony Ericsson C901 vs W810 photo comparison

 I'm going to start posting random photos from the C901 in my new Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79814727@N06/sets/72157629965876287/

Yea, I know that this is an unfair battle, but there may be people out there still living in the k750/w810 world. Below are samples ( First pic of set is w810).

When taking the pic of the jacket, I set the EV to about -1.7 on the C901. On the W810, I changed the EV, but it didn't have much effect. Also, the colors on the C901 were close to what I see with my eye. It's a little on the cool side. The real color is a bit more yellowish. You can take the C901 pic of the jacket and in Photoshop, enter the color balance mode and adjust the yellow to 80% to the left while the preserve luminosity option is unchecked.

In the pics with the guitar, it seems that the w810 showed better color. Notice how the wall in the background is a bit blue-ish on the C901 pic. I guess that is the "cool" trait that it has.



















Samsung Attain 4G















[Samsung Attain 4G]
I put pics from this phone for fun. It did pretty well and is more tolerable than the W810. The C901 still has better color reproduction, and the guitar is a bit saturated in the Samsung phone. As far as sharpness, it is hard to tell at this point. As you can see on the little "grid circles" on the bed sheet, the C901 shows it more clearer. This probably means there were different focal points, which probably means that the C901 might have a focusing problem, since I know I didn't aim at the bed.

So the pics speak for themselves. What about the rest of the features? In the eyes of a daily user, both phones pretty much function the same, especially in navigation. I do notice a difference in sound quality, which the C901 wins.

The camera fps and quality is way more tolerable. The quality is probably not that friendly for the hardcore youtubers that require 720p and up.

Physical feel? Maybe the user before changed the C901 keypad or something cause the tactile pressure seems uneven. It seems to have a more "clicky" feel near the center of the pad, which loses that trait near the edges. Also, since the C901 is thin, adding a plastic case actually makes it feel a bit nicer for people with big hands. Adding one on a W810 just made it uncomfortably beefy.

Battery life? I can go 3 days without charging with my W810 with minimum activity. It beats going only half a day with Android. I haven't tested the battery life on the C901 yet, but I'll update this blog with it later.

Price? I can score the w810 for under 30 bucks which includes shipping. That's pretty good for cellphone, flashlight, decent camera, music player (which sucks a lot of battery juice btw, don't know if the C901 will), durability, and battery life. I scored the C901 for about a 100, which was an impulse buy when I saw that Buy It Now price. So was it worth it? Well, I'll just have to find out and update this blog....

...anyways, that's all for now!


1 comment: